Friday, February 17, 2012

God Rocks!

So it has been in overwhelming week. I am so glad God loves me as much as He does. There were moments when I would forget how much I am loved and self doubt and fear would sneak in real quick. I feel stalked by negative emotions. I had my daughter stay here for a few days. She is struggling with life and making choices that I find so difficult to accept, yet they are really not mine to accept but her's. I found that as long as I kept God first everything was ok, I could handle my emotions and keep making good choices for myself. Last night I was overwhelmed with grief and fear and doubt was telling me I was alone and to blame. I prayed for God to comfort me to help me believe and my friend asked me to read something in the Bible. I opened the Bible and it opened to 2 Samuel 22, I then went to the page I was asked to read and it made no sense to me. I closed my Bible and prayed for God to give me something to hang on to and opened my bible and again it opened to 2 Samuel 22: 2-7, and this is what I was given..:

He said, “The Lord is my rock, my strong place, and the One Who sets me free.  He is my God, my rock, where I go to be safe. He is my covering and the horn that saves me, my strong place where I go to be safe. You save me from being hurt.  I call upon the Lord, Who should be praised. I am saved from those who hate me.
For the waves of death were all around me. The storm that destroys made me afraid.  The cords of the grave were around me. The nets of death came against me. In my trouble I called upon the Lord. Yes, I cried to my God. From His house He heard my voice. My cry for help came into His ears".


God  ROCKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment