Sunday, October 31, 2010

Life after Court


I was wondering if any of you have had to charge you father with incest, and what life was like for you after court? I charged my father along with 3 other victims and life for me has never been the same. I believed my family loved me even though I was adopted, but after charging my father, everything changed.  I was no longer welcome or invited to family functions .I miss them, and at times it is so very difficult to be alone, without family or even the memories I thought I had.

I have built a family of people I love and who love me back. Today my passion in life is to assist others who are going through situations like ours. If I can short circuit the destruction phase of of young people through sharing my life, then my journey to wholeness will have been a great success.  My greatest desire as a young teen was that someone, just one person from my church would of been there for me as a confidante or friend. Maybe I would not of spent 25+ years as a drug addicted alcoholic. I believe it was my duty to speak out and although at times the pain of rejection attacks me I know today that I have done the right thing. Today I am able to be that hand and friend I so badly needed for others. God is good to me.

I have found some peace around it through my relationship with God. I understand now that it is not about me, it is not what I have done that alienates my family but what or father did. Some people just are not ready to face the truth, and my family are some of them. I miss them and the memories of the family I thought I had very very much, and if I think about it it hurts very much. Today I think about myself a lot more than them...praise God. Today I am ok without them and I no longer believe that I am nothing without them. Today I value myself and there opinion of me matters very little. Today I am able to feel empathy for them and understand instead of hatred and anger. Today I can pray for them to be set free and I wish them the best always.

I have found peace in my soul without my family, and the best thing I can do for myself and my children is to build a strong and loving and supportive family for the ones who need it most.  My little ones and not so little ones, who will benefit from my willingness to share and grow.  Go with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment