Wednesday, February 9, 2011

God is Enough


For so long I have searched for meaning to my life, to the pain and suffering and sorrow.  I struggled with so many things.  I have discovered that there is one thing that is stronger than all of that and that one is God.  He has shown how great He is to me in so many ways.  I know without a doubt that I should not be sitting here at this moment.  That I played with fire and though singed and smokey i did not get burnt.  How could this be possible.  

This past weekend I went on a road trip with my children to their fathers to support him in his decision to get help for his recovery.  We were cruising along at a good rate of speed and hit an unmarked pothole.  The impact was so strong it woke my sleeping daughter and caused the toy in my sons hand to fall to the floor.  To the side of the road sat 30 plus cars with drivers either calling for help or checking their tires, all with differing degrees of damage.  At this point we hit a second pot hole but on the opposite side of the car.  I then chose to pull over and see if I had tires left.  I gave them a kick and with them still holding air I decided that whatever damage there was could wait till we got where we were going as it was dark and we were at the top of a mountain at least 30 km from the closest town.  we made that town and continued on as everything seemed to be ok.  The kids and I prayed that God would get us to their fathers safely and soundly.  At one point on the trip it felt like our car was floating along so nicely we couldn't have done any damage at all.

Well we did make their fathers, but the next morning I awoke and went to go for coffee but discovered that not only did I have two flat tires but two seriously bent rims and missing hubcaps.  I am not sure how we made it as far as we did, but I know God was with us most definitely. That is just one of the times I know God has been with me lately.  I am a believer in the power of God to heal and restore that which is broken, and after living my life of addiction and incest and more I will never deny the power if God to at least move my mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment