Thursday, February 24, 2011

Is Parenting always going to be hard?


Parenting and being a survivor sometimes clash for me. it is like having two movies running at the same time, the story lines sometimes get confused. I see my little ones and I do my best to be the parent I wish I had. I hear my mother belittling me and hitting me and I find myself crying as I try to parent my little ones in a better way. Sometimes I feel like such a failure as a parent. How is it possible to be a good parent and be so jealous of your little ones at the same time? I find myself angry that my children take so much for granted when life for me was just a struggle to survive. I find myself jealous that their life is so good and so easy. Is this normal for a survivor to feel this way? God help me as I raise these kids, help me to be the parent you would have me be.

1 comment:

  1. Our insights are sometimes heartbreaking. It is when we realize the heartbreaks are going to always be there - it's how we prioritize going to God with them. He is faithful... and you and your kids will be fine. Love you.

    ReplyDelete