Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Choices


Sometimes I feel so very far removed from the past. It is almost like it happened to someone else. I have made some great choices and that has made is possible for me to become who I am today. I know that those choices were not always easy one. The choice to leave home so very young and try to make my way was one of them, as was getting into and leaving abusive relationships. I have made some very wrong choices out of desperation and at times out of selfishness, but I have of late been making more good choices than bad. I talk with my children about my choices on a daily basis. I want them to understand the what we do is a choice when you are an adult. Today I choose to live a clean and sober lifestyle because it makes it a lot easier to consistently make better choices. I choose today to seek advice and counsel from a Higher Power whom I choose to call God. I choose today to be a good and kind person letting go of selfishness and self serving behaviors. None of which would of been a thought without my sobriety. Today I choose to be grateful to those whom have walked with me on this road and who have been there for me when I was not able to be there for myself. You are indeed a blessing in my life. Choices are amazing and I feel so blessed to be making ones that are bettering my life and hopefully the lives of those around me. Go with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment