Friday, November 19, 2010

If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive. 
Eleonora Duse


This phrase caught my attention.  When did I come alive, I was always alive but I mean really alive , where the earth sang to me.  It was on Mere's Island while my husband and I and the 3 children where at Kakawis  treatment program.  Cut off from all outside influences I discovered the joy of the surf on the beach and the wind in the trees.  The smells of the ocean and of fresh cut grass.  I so loved these things as a child growing up, but they some how got lost between the incest and the beatings.  I am so glad God loves us enough to create such simple yet complicated creations for us to enjoy.  I am blessed to be alive and smelling, touching, tasting and seeing that the Lord is GOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment