Monday, November 22, 2010

Proverbs 22:6 (King James Version)


Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

This verse for me has rung so true.  I was raised in a very Christian home. I learned about respect for self and others ,honor and truth.  I learned about God and the Bible and gratitude.   i was able to learn these things in a very dysfunctional family, and for many years I did what I had to do to survive.  I partied and drank and drugged.  I had multiple marriages and common-law ones too.  I ran as hard and as fast as I could away from the insect and abuse as I could.  Suddenly I wake up and find myself in my early 40's and what do I look for, for the good from my past.  The things I can take with me from being a child, the lessons from God's word that I didn't think I could learn under those circumstances.  The word of God sank into me even though they were not modeled for me.  I had enough people around me that were not of my family that modeled the commandments for me that some how they became part of who I was.  I was also fortunate to have repressed  memorizes of the incest so I thought my parent were the best.  I thought they modeled the behavior I learned.  God loved me enough to let me sow my wild oats and still come home.  He met me on the path and put clean clothes on me and welcomed me back.  Today I strive to model for my little ones what I know they will come back to if necessary but with prayer and faith may never have to, as it will become a part of them they will carry with pride.  Go with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment